Friday, October 8, 2010

Top Ten

Oh, and since a whole movie season has past, I think it's safe to rank some of the movies I've seen this year.

  1. The Social Network, dir. David Fincher
  2. Toy Story 3, dir. Lee Unkrich
  3. The Tillman Story, dir. Amir Bar-Lev
  4. Splice, dir. Vincenzo Natali
  5. The Town, dir. Ben Affleck
  6. Inception, Christopher Nolan
  7. Shutter Island, dir. Martin Scorsese
  8. The Art of the Steal, dir. Don Argott
  9. Cyrus, dir. Jay & Mark Duplass
  10. Edge of Darkness, dir. Martin Campbell
I still need to see The Ghost Writer and The Expendables. All in all, only two "summer blockbusters" made my list:  Toy Story 3 and Inception. That's a good indicator to me that it's been an overall shitty year for mainstream flicks. Kind of like 2009. However, I couldn't be more excited for the Fall/Winter movie season. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan.

No comments: