Tuesday, March 2, 2010

San Francisco's Calling Me

Ever since by very brief move back and forth from Los Angeles, I've been thinking more seriously about going back to San Francisco this Fall. I don't want to sit still in Seattle.

I think it might have something to do with being born in the Bay Area. It feels more like home. That, and I'm relatively stress free when I'm there thanks to not needing my car. Oddly, San Francisco seems more familiar after living there two years than Washington does after living here most of my life.

If I came back this Fall, not only would I be going back having co-written/produced a theatrically released feature film, but potentially having directed my first feature. I'm writing a no budget film noir currently and the plan is to film it this Summer.

Now I need to look into if the Academy of Art University would either point me in the direction of some scholarships, or cover some of my tuition.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I would be sad if you left again, but you really seem happy when you're in San Francisco, so DO IT!

Also, I'll be home for spring break in like a week and a half. Let's hang out!

Trevor said...

I'm down. How long's your spring break?

Jamie said...

About 2ish weeks.. I start classes again on the 20th.